Monday 27 October 2014

Snorting Tylenol Whuuuuttt????!

(From the website Drugs.com) http://www.drugs.com/forum/general/effects-snorting-tylenol-advil-anyone-know-36883.html Panamarod said:09-17-2006 10:01 PM quote:Originally posted by rc2632Obviously we are going to punish him and separate him from the morons who are doing this. What I want to know is, what effect does snorting an analgesic have on the body? Do you get high? Numb? Anyone know?It burns the ever-loving-**** out of your nose and nothing more. I do have a suggestion, having gone through the drug thing with my parents. Don't distance yourself from your child by talking down him and don't try to control every facet of his life, that will only push him further and further away. It's parental instinct to want to direct him in the right way, but take a dog for instance. If you push a dog that's standing up, it's only natural for the dog to lean against your pressure. The same goes for the cocky confidence of adolescents. My parents strong armed me and it did nothing. I started warming up to them when they actually started 'caring' about what I was doing, instead of being afraid of what I was doing. You may say things to your son that make you both feel akward. Why is my mom/dad saying this to me, why aren't they pissed? Why didn't my son get irrate when I mentioned that? Trust me, if your kid is doing something illegal, he knows he is. And he expects you to punish him if you find out about it. Try surprising him. Be creative, don't just take a belt to him or slap him on the wrist and be pissed. Be curious and understanding. There are tons of parents out there who chastise their children and in a fearful panic say things they wouldn't otherwise say had the situation not involved drugs. But the sad fact is, drugs are scary and they can completely control a person. But not at first. Not at 14-years old. You kinda have to sit back and laugh... they're snorting tylenol. At least they're not diving right into cocaine or >>>>>>.Don't condone the behavior, but don't demonize it.Rod

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm in love with this commenter....
    His take on this is expressed with such sensitivity and respect. He knows what he's talking about because he's been through struggles with drugs....he responds to this OP without grandstanding and in such a kind and respectful way that I would like to find him and bare his children. Maybe not that far, but at least a good handie.

    ReplyDelete