Tuesday 28 October 2014

It's About That Time

We had a blast....we had good times

We made memories that could make the devil blush

We didn't match....but we didn't care

It was fun to shoot the shit with you all night

But as time went on....I knew the day would come

When I had to face the truth....we couldn't be.

We broke up..but held on..to love's frayed and tattered strings

But it's over, baby..I want you to set me free.

We were weird....no one understood

What you saw in me and what I saw in you

But when we were alone.. the night was ours

No one judging us..just you, me and the stars.

But the truth was there..any fool could see it coming

Glaring differences would mean we had to part

Why prolong the pain of breaking up?

It's over, baby..I need to set you free.

It was good, but no.... I mean it when I say "no more!"

It's about that time to bury whatever's left

No more "final times", because they always led to another....

No! I mean it, baby..I need you to set me free!

We need to set each other free....

It's about that time....

No more....

Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment