Thursday 13 November 2014

Floating

Float from body to body....hoping to find rest in a heart.... My wings are tired and hard as I've tried I can't seem to stay on this currant of air....so I tumble down ....bodies beneath me, in awe at what they think is an angel....my wings singed from an existence of sin....of others and my own....unable to keep me afloat. I land on him....sorry to have touched his heart.... Eyes locked in sincere apology....ashamed of my aching wings. I expect no rest here....or anywhere....used to a continuous flight.... He unfurls his wings and carries me into the night. I, afraid, not knowing where he will land .... Relax into the strength of his wings and allow him to take my hand. With the other, I point to where I wish to go....far from here....though exactly where, I still don't know. He joins me on my aimless flight and breathes me in and out, ever increasing in might. With each breath, I grow stronger....and although my own strength is recovered, I wish to fly with him longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment